|Source: personally photographed|
Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! Are you doing anything fun or exciting for the holiday? We are heading down to Annapolis and the Eastern Shore of Maryland to spend today with my boyfriend's family (his youngest niece is turning 6!) and then hanging out with some wonderful friends for the rest of the weekend in Chestertown. After a number of stormy days here in PA, I'm looking forward to some sun and warm weather.
Hope you have a fantastic holiday, and in case you get stuck inside due to rain, here's a weekly wrap-up for your enjoyment:
- Memorial Day weekend signals an onslaught of summer projects. If you're looking for inspiration, Sherry and John at Young House Love should get you in the mood.
- Here’s a new song to help ease into the weekend. It actually features a musician who went to my high school!
- Didn’t you always want to do something like this on the stairs when you were a kid?
- This week the National September 11 Memorial & Museum opened itself to the public. So how do you promote a site like this while paying due service to gravity of the subject matter? I’ll let you be the judge, but here’s a look at the new ad campaign.
- Do you have your summer reading list already? I recently finished this book and loved it. Next up is Malcolm Gladwell’s new book (I just have to wait for my boyfriend to finish it first).
- Speaking of shopping locally, these guys are making it super easy to support vendors Nearby.
- And, some words of wisdom to close the week on . . .