Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Winds In The East

I can’t believe that it’s been a full month since my last post, literally and exactly 1 month, and so much has happened in the past four weeks.

For those of you who know me well, you know there’s been a lot of excitement going on recently. First off, my boyfriend Scott had stealthily been looking to find a job near a city where the job economy is better for my career. I’ve been out of Manhattan for about 8 months, and while I’ve had a number of leads on employment, nothing has panned out. To be frank, it was getting outright depressing. 

Then, 2 weeks ago Scott was offered a job just 30 minutes outside of this gorgeous city:

Source: WedInBoston.wordpress.com

Yes, that's right. We are moving to Boston, Massachusetts! There are so many exciting things about this move. In addition to the Boston job market being much more promising than where we are currently, a good number of our friends also live there, and we will both be much closer to our parents. We are SO pumped! And those of you who know me extremely well, you know that I've been semi-in-love with Boston since I first visited the city at the age of six. 

And for additional excitement, our second piece of news is that we got engaged! After being in a relationship together for almost seven years, I knew marriage was on the table, but I wasn’t expecting him to propose when he did. He popped the question shortly after telling me he got the new job, and, oblivious as I am sometimes, it took me a while to realize it was even happening -- I hadn’t even noticed the ring! He also got home somewhat late that evening, so I was already changed for bed and curled up with a book. Plans changed a bit and we headed out to one of our favorite bars to celebrate instead.

Source: personal photographs

As you can imagine, since then we’ve been a bit busy looking at apartments, beginning to wrap things up in Pennsylvania, and relocating my job search to the Boston-metro area (and on that note, if you know anyone looking for a marketing or fundraising/development professional around Boston, I'd love to hear from you). 

Depending on our current landlord, we could be moving anytime between July 1 and August 1, so things are a little chaotic and we’re just figuring things out as they come. I'll be sure to keep you all posted as everything unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment